2018 MASTERBRAND YOUCHEWS PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE OR PROOF-OF-PURCHASE NECESSARY AND NO ENTRY FEE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. MULTIPLE ENTRY DEADLINES APPLY. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. RESIDING IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD AND WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (19 in AL and NE) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PROMOTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT. PROMOTION BEGINS MAY 1, 2018 AT 12:00:00 P.M. EASTERN TIME (“ET”) AND ENDS JULY 31, 2018 AT 11:59:59 A.M. ET (THE “PROMOTION PERIOD”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER:
No purchase, and no entry fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate in the Promotion. Promotion starts May 1, 2018, at 12:00:00 p.m. ET and ends July 31, 2018, at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the "Promotion Period").
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ENTER: (A) To enter the Promotion via text message, use your mobile phone to text “YOUCHEWS” (the “Code”) to 88500 during the Promotion Period to receive a bounce-back message with a link to a microsite with a digital scratch-off game. Play the scratch-off game, choosing either the Airheads or Mentos option, to enter for a chance to win an Instant Win Prize (as described in Rule 2). You will receive a reply message informing you instantly if you are or are not a potential winner of an Instant Win Prize. You must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter by text message. Text entries via VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) will not be accepted. By entering the Promotion, you are consenting to receive text and phone messages regarding the Promotion. Participants registering/entering this Promotion via text message may incur a standard text message and data charge from their wireless service provider for each message sent and received. Standard text message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. Entry by text constitutes your agreement to receive the bounce-back text messages and, if applicable,text messages and/or calls for prize notification and instruction on how to claim your prize.
(B) To enter the Promotion without sending a text message, log on to Youchews.us (the “Website”) and follow the instructions provided to submit an entry. You must provide your name, email address, phone number and date of birth on the Website before entering the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/household/phone number per week regardless of the method of entry. A “Week” is defined as a consecutive seven (7) day period beginning on a Tuesday at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending on the following Monday at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. A “Day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
Proof of submitting an entry (including proof of sending a text message) does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant. Every entry submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
The person submitting the Promotion entry must be the authorized account holder/user of the mobile phone number/email address; otherwise entry shall be deemed void. In the event of dispute over the identity of a potential winner, entries will be declared made by the registered user of the phone number/email address used at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder/user of the mobile phone number/email address submitting the entry. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Perfetti Van Melle (“Sponsor”) in writing if the entrant changes his or her phone number/email address during the Promotion Period.
IMPORTANT: You may, at any time, choose to stop participating in this Promotion by sending an opt-out text message stating “STOP” to 88500 If you send a text message stating “HELP” to 88500 , you will be sent a reply text message, which will include contact information for customer support for the Promotion. You can also visit the Website for FAQ’s and contact information for customer support for the Promotion.
Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of $5,000 cash, awarded in the form of a check. Actual Retail Value (“ARV) of each Grand Prize: $5,000.
Total value of all Grand Prizes: $10,000
INSTANT WIN PRIZES: One thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight (1,788) Instant Win Prizes, as described below, will be awarded at random based on a computer-generated formula throughout the Promotion Period.
PRIZE QUANTITY ARV Beach Towel 288 $19.60 Bluetooth Speaker 250 $17.95 Sunglasses Strap 250 $3.86 Sunglasses 250 $1.99 Frisbee 250 $1.79 Koozies 500 $1.51
Total value of all Instant-Win Prizes: $12,797.30
Total value of all Grand Prizes and Instant-Win Prizes: $22,797.30
GRAND PRIZE AND INSTANT WIN PRIZE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
Instant Win Prizes will be awarded at random based on a computer-generated formula throughout the Promotion Period. Grand Prizes will be awarded as follows: on or about August 1, 2018, Sponsor will conduct two (2) random drawings from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period and select one (1) winner per drawing.
Odds of winning an Instant Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received on the day and time of entry; odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. If you receive a winning message via text message or your computer screen displays a prize-winning message, you are a winner of a Prize, pending confirmation of eligibility. Follow the instructions within the prize-winning message to redeem your Prize. If your computer displays a non-winning message, you are not a winner of a Prize. All entries must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor's computer within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible to win a Prize. Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified at the email address on the potential winning entries on or about August 1, 2018.
Limit one (1) entry per week per person/email address/mobile phone number regardless of entry method. Non-winning entries will not carry over into subsequent days or weeks. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) Grand Prize and one (1) Instant Win Prize per person/email address/mobile phone number/household.
- TO REDEEM INSTANT WIN AND GRAND PRIZES: Potential Instant Win Prize winners who enter via the Website will be notified immediately on their computer screen and will be required to enter their name, address, phone number and email address on a prize claim form on the Website to confirm their eligibility and claim their prize. Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified on or about August 1, 2018 via the email address submitted with the winning entries. Instant Win and Grand Prize winners who successfully fill out the form and claim their prize will be sent an email within seventy-two (72) hours confirming their prize. Unless otherwise noted, allow up to four (4) to six (6) weeks for delivery of prize by mail following completion of notification process. Prize will be delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless service that may result in a potential winner not receiving prize notification. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any change in potential winner’s mailing address or email address. Any winner notification returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address will result in prize forfeiture.
- ELIGIBILITY: YOU MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT RESIDING IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR D.C. THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (19 in AL and NE) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY to be eligible to win. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by Sponsor to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Employees of Sponsor and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members of each, are not eligible to participate or win.
- GENERAL: Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Except as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, no substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value (unless at the sole discretion of Sponsor). Any difference between the approximate prize value and the actual prize value will not be awarded. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
- PUBLICITY: Where permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, entrant grants Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use any materials submitted by entrant in connection with the Promotion as well as the entrant's name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, statements attributable to him/her, city and state of residence, and other biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation.
- CONDUCT: By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. The Official Rules will be posted on the Website throughout the Promotion Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Website; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Administrator assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (d) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's phone which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part. This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cincinnati, Ohio having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- RELEASES AND INDEMNIFICATION: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to release Sponsor and Administrator from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages,or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Website, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize.
- WINNERS LIST REQUEST: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.youchews.us . The list of winners will be available for 2-3 weeks following the termination of the program.
- SPONSOR: Perfetti Van Melle, 3645 Turfway Rd, Erlanger KY 41018.